From now on, it is only possible to apply electronically for the Special Programme Islam. The necessary application documents can be uploaded in the electronic application form.
The following documents must be included in an application for a research scholarship (in German or English):
- description of the research proposal (max. 8 pages)
- plus bibliography if necessary (in addition to the max. 8 pages)
- at least font size 11 and line spacing 1.5
- time schedule and working plan with information about the necessary travel to archives, libraries and museums or other destinations
- detailed cost calculation
- description of the journeys to archives, museums or other destinations which are closely related to the subject of the project and detailed calculation of the costs (travel and lodging). No flat-rate daily allowance or flat-rates for hotel expenses shall be paid
- calculation of material costs (e.g. for photocopies or film versions of archive material, photographs, etc., not a lump sum for books)
- the Foundation can’t cover any college or tuition fees.
- tabular curriculum vitae with list of publications
- academic certificates (Masters, PhD, professorship, etc.; please do not send Bachelor certificates)
- one letter of recommendation. References have to be signed personally by the author and sent to the Gerda Henkel Foundation. A signed version by email or fax is accepted. It is possible to submit more than one letter of recommendation.
Please do not additionally send the documents by email or postal mail.
If you have any questions or if any problems occur during the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.