• Applications for a “research scholarship for post-doctoral researchers” may only be made if applicants received their PhD within the last ten years. The relevant date is that on the PhD certificate. (This restriction does not apply to research scholarships after Post Doctoral Lecture Qualification.)
• The dissertation must have already been published at the time the application is made. The presentation of a publishing contract is not sufficient in this regard.
• The topic of the proposed research project must clearly differ from the topic of the PhD thesis.
Criteria for applicants previously funded by the Foundation:
• Applications may only be made if applicants received a previous Gerda Henkel Foundation research scholarship more than five years ago. The relevant date for calculating the timeframe is the date on the final report.
Criteria for applicants previously rejected by the Foundation:
• No renewed application for a project rejected by the Gerda Henkel Foundation may be made.
• Applications for a new project may be made if the last rejected application was made more than three years ago. The relevant date for calculating the timeframe is the date on the letter of rejection.
Please find further information regarding the criteria under FAQ.